USC at Wash St.

Posted by: Kman_blue

USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:06 AM

The pirate has WSU looking like some of his best TTech teams right now.

Took him 6 seasons to get there. He got things up and going well by his 4th season there, but this team looks like it's back up to the level of his best teams at Tech now.

Been an exciting game so far. We'll see if USC can pull it off in the final seconds or maybe force overtime now.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:08 AM

Well that didn't take long. Game over USC turnover.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:29 AM

Leach's post game 1st Q&A:

ESPN Studio Announcer, "Hey coach what's it like out there?"

Leach, "There's a lot of people. It's like Woodstock except everybody's got their clothes on."

LOL
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:12 AM

Your facts are incorrect. Started as HC at WSU in 2012 & took his team bowling at the end of second season. No "over six seasons to get there". I know you want DB to get six years of unaccountability, I get it.
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 07:34 AM

I would still give my left nut to have hired Leach when Herpe Derp was canned. He'd fit in PERFECTLY in Lawrence, with no pressure to win, and just run a good, strong program.

Unfortunately, with the shitshow we've become, I fear what level of candidates we could attract. Have to stick with Beaty, who I think is very slowly digging us out of the Frontbutt crater that NEVER should've happened. I still wonder what Zenger has on Self that keeps him here.

Looking forward to going to bed tonight without another loss on our record!

RCJHKU!
Posted by: HawksFB

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 08:46 AM

I watched the game and felt Wazzu, Leach, etc. does look alot like KU. Can't wait for the product on the field to be similar, if not the same of better!

With all due respect Hawkhead, Leach most likely would have been fired as well due to needing time to implement his system. KU fans have been very quick with the hook on the last two coaches (albeit, it was the right call to fire them), but I'm guessing that Leach probably wouldn't have been granted a Year-4 at that time. With the program in its current state, he would (as Beaty will.)
Posted by: JimWest

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Your facts are incorrect. Started as HC at WSU in 2012 & took his team bowling at the end of second season. No "over six seasons to get there". I know you want DB to get six years of unaccountability, I get it.

Mangino also took KU to a bowl in his 2nd season. The whole loser narrative that it takes 3-4 years to even start seeing progress is complete bs.

You will know in 2 seasons if the coach is any good.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: HawksFB
I watched the game and felt Wazzu, Leach, etc. does look alot like KU. Can't wait for the product on the field to be similar, if not the same of better!

With all due respect Hawkhead, Leach most likely would have been fired as well due to needing time to implement his system. KU fans have been very quick with the hook on the last two coaches (albeit, it was the right call to fire them), but I'm guessing that Leach probably wouldn't have been granted a Year-4 at that time. With the program in its current state, he would (as Beaty will.)
Except Leach was able to coach successfully BEFORE WSU. HUGE difference between DB and Leach. Leach was/is a proven winner at this level. DB won a participation medal at this level (just guessing).

Nice enough guy, no wins (literally, no wins). To compare Leach is an insult to all Leach has accomplished in his HC career.

As Hawkhead reminds us, "there could be someone worse than Beaty". So lets keep dancing with "the Beaty Beatings" miniseries. LOL
Posted by: dgless21

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 11:21 AM

Predictable ending to this thread.
Posted by: track

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 12:12 PM

We had two coaches worse than Beaty and one of them had been a head coach at big bad ND.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: track
We had two coaches worse than Beaty and one of them had been a head coach at big bad ND.

Gill 5-19
Weis 6-22
Beaty 3-25

By what metric are Gill and Weis worse than Beaty?

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Predictable ending to this thread.
I could say the same about Beaty. But I won't.

Track saying the previous two coaches are losers is laughable. Beaty hasn't been "earning it", you know?

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 01:56 PM

Same predictable crap.

Don't think too hard, guys.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:00 PM

Same predictable crap.
Yes, from kman and you.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:05 PM

My facts are 100% correct. This is Leach's sixth season coaching WSU. That's a fact. Learn to count.

Also, you can you not read or are you seriously that intellectually bankrupt that you'll purposely misrepresent or flat out lie about anything and everything?

As for my opinion, I said it took Leach 4 years to get things up and going well. You flat out LIE about my own opinion as I clearly and precisely stated it.

If you could tell the GD truth about anything, I may have some respect for you and what you say, but your continued lying about my own exact fuc|king words which were clearly typed right above your post prevents that so far.

I said it took him 6 years to get WSU to the same level as his best Ttech teams.

As to them going to a bowl game in his 2nd year, I watched a lot of their season that year and they got lucky in a lot of ways to get there. That team wasn't that good. They definitely weren't up to par with any of his TTech teams and nowhere near as good as the team he fielded 2 years later.

Much like KU in Mangino's 2nd year, they had a weak schedule and caught some lucky breaks to make it happen. Impressive they took advantage of that still, but as the results of their year 3's prove, it wasn't a sustained success yet. Neither coach at either job had sustained success until they got to year 4. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:08 PM

Here comes some KUCO quote mangling and a misdirection to make this about Beaty.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Much like KU in Mangino's 2nd year, they had a weak schedule and caught some lucky breaks to make it happen. Impressive they took advantage of that still, but as the results of their year 3's prove, it wasn't a sustained success yet. Neither coach at either job had sustained success until they got to year 4. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Mark Mangino year 3: 4-7

That's hardly a dropoff from the 2nd year. Rather, it is demonstrable improvement and indeed sustained success from when he took over.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:22 PM

Here comes some KUCO quote mangling and a misdirection to make this about Beaty.
kman brought this on, dude. He wants at least six seasons for DB b/c after all Leach needed that. As soon as I disputed that, kman disappeared. Now you
Posted by: pizzanbeer

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:23 PM

I am considering watching UConn vs SMU today. UConn has a similarly ranked defensive secondary compared to KU. UConn is only 1-2 so far but I plan to cheer them on to 1-3. As a KU fan I need my Saturday fix of bad pass coverage and losing.

BTW Boston College 28 CMU 8. Shane Morris, 21-42, 171 yds, 3 interceptions, 0 TDs.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:26 PM

Only Mangino's first season had fewer than 4. No coach since Mangino has even had 4 wins.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
I am considering watching UConn vs SMU today. UConn has a similarly ranked defensive secondary compared to KU. UConn is only 1-2 so far but I plan to cheer them on to 1-3. As a KU fan I need my Saturday fix of bad pass coverage and losing.

BTW Boston College leads CMU 28-8 late in the 3rd quarter.
LOL. No Beaty Beatings this week. Next episode in a week.

It's a miniseries.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:39 PM

Exceptional reading comprehension skills. Kman doesn't mention Beaty in any of his posts.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:44 PM

Now if you want to bleed my opinions about what coach Leach has done over onto coach Beaty, it's not an apples to apples comparison. The situations they both entered are quite different. You can dismiss it all you want, but the roster situation Weis left us in was just atrocious and has no real parallel in all of P-5 football. That was 100% Weis's fault. As there's no quick roster fixes in college football like free agency or an unlimited number of new scholarships you can hand out, there's no way to recover from that quickly. The kind of hole we were in takes years to dig out of no matter how good the new coach is.

If 1 team has a bunch of well recruited experienced players and the other has a bunch of walkons and little experience, the later is going to lose 99% of the time no matter the coach. This isn't bball where 1 or 2 good players can save your ass and win games for you despite the other guys not being up to par.

If it took a very good coach, like coach Leach, 4 years to get things up and running well at a school that had no such massive roster limitations then it's gonna take longer at KU because of the unique abysmal roster situation we were in. The uniqueness of how depleted our roster was when Weis left can not be overstated. You just can't make a straight comparison to any other P-5 program because of that. Hell, our roster still isn't up to normal D-1 levels yet. That won't happen until next year.

That's not a 100% endorsement of coach Beaty nor an excuse for "6 years of unaccountability" either. It's week 5 of year 3 right now. I think coach Beaty has done a lot of things right so far and should be given a minimum of 4 years to see how he can do, but I've also been critical of a lot of things too despite what some posters here apparently think. I see some improvements on the field overall, but I also see some things not improving on the field that I think we should begin seeing signs of by now. IMO The book remains open on how good of a coach Beaty will be. I don't think he's gonna be the next Urban Meyer or Saban, but I also don't think he's gonna be another coach Val or John Blake (look him up if you don't know).

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:46 PM

Same predictable crap.
Yes, from kman and you.
The only thing predictable is your constant LYING. You wouldn't know the truth or honesty if they bit you in the ass and slapped you senseless.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JimWest

That's hardly a dropoff from the 2nd year. Rather, it is demonstrable improvement and indeed sustained success from when he took over.
No it's not.

The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"? (see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

And yes, 4-7 and no bowl game is a noticeable dropoff from a 6-6 regular season and a bowl loss.

2-10
6-7
4-7

Is not sustained success.

Now,

7-5
6-6
12-1
8-5

Looks a lot more like sustained success. You know winning more than you lose.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:02 PM

kman brought this on, dude. He wants at least six seasons for DB b/c after all Leach needed that. As soon as I disputed that, kman disappeared. Now you
WTF are you talking about?

I'm right here. Right now. I never went anywhere.

What else do you want to LIE about?

I NEVER once said anything close to what you claim in the underlined part of your dishonest ignorant insane post.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:17 PM

Either 1 of you numbnuts even watch any of the game this thread was supposed to be about?

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:25 PM

I am not insane.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:28 PM

Kman has to be the lead cheerleader for D Beaty next game.

Blowing glitter all over.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:41 PM

UConn defense is not quite at KU level. Their DL just had a sack on a blitz. They made up for it with a roughing the kicker penalty on the SMU punt giving SMU a 1st down.

SMU TD on a run play through a bunch of UConn arm tackles. That is just the kind of tackling I was craving on a KU bye week.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 03:54 PM

UConn defense is not quite at KU level. Their DL just had a sack on a blitz. They made up for it with a roughing the kicker penalty on the SMU punt giving SMU a 1st down.

SMU TD on a run play through a bunch of UConn arm tackles. That is just the kind of tackling I was craving on a KU bye week.
Bowen has a twin or is it a clone situation?

Kman probably thinks there is a whole lotta lying going on.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 04:21 PM

So, I take it you did NOT watch the USC - Wash St. game.

If you lie about my actions or my words, you're gonna have a problem with me.

You can lie all you want about anything and everything else you want and I'll just not respect much, if anything you have to say, but have at it.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 04:29 PM

Dang man!

You really like wallowing in misery huh? LOL

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 06:48 PM

It was good to see Ohio squeak out a win vs 0-6 UMass. That makes our loss look a lot better.
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 06:53 PM

I am not insane.
LOL!

Re: USC at Wash St. - 09/30/17 07:31 PM

No it's not.

Barely making a bowl and barely missing a bowl is pretty close. You act like the 2nd year team was competing for a Big 12 title and then fell off the face of the Earth.

Quote:
The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"?

Maintaining around a .500 record is sustained success for KU football.

Quote:
(see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

I see you back peddling after you were called out for being an inarticulate fast food eater. Sorry, but quotation marks don't actually express what you think they do.

Quote:
And yes, 4-7 and no bowl game is a noticeable dropoff from a 6-6 regular season and a bowl loss.

lol

No, it isn't.

Quote:
2-10
6-7
4-7

Is not sustained success.

I'll agree. It looks like marked improvement followed by setting a new standard of success.

Quote:
Now,

7-5
6-6
12-1
8-5

Looks a lot more like sustained success. You know winning more than you lose.

lol

Ok, when this new guy has 3 more years to completely destroy the program you and your best friend Zenger can ride off into oblivion with it.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 10/01/17 02:16 AM

No it's not.

Barely making a bowl and barely missing a bowl is pretty close. You act like the 2nd year team was competing for a Big 12 title and then fell off the face of the Earth.
Exaggerate much? 4-7 is more than barely missing a bowl game though.

The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"?

Maintaining around a .500 record is sustained success for KU football.

So you're effectively arguing against your initial post. Glad you agree with me now.

(see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

I see you back peddling after you were called out for being an inarticulate fast food eater. Sorry, but quotation marks don't actually express what you think they do.

Yes, yes it does.

According to multiple authorities and references, Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, and that's exactly what I did both times. You're apparently ignorant of this usage.

It's been common usage within the English language and American culture for decades now. Not my fault you don't actually know what it means. Seems your education failed you here.

lol

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is. Big difference from missing a bowl game by 2 wins and making a bowl game. HUGE in practical terms especially.

lol

Ok, when this new guy has 3 more years to completely destroy the program you and your best friend Zenger can ride off into oblivion with it.
Nice deflection attempt here. No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 10/01/17 02:34 AM

Exaggerate much? 4-7 is more than barely missing a bowl game though.

lol ok

Quote:

So you're effectively arguing against your initial post. Glad you agree with me now.

My initial post? What initial post? Oh, I'm supposed to divine your meaning here again probably.

Quote:

Yes, yes it does.

According to multiple authorities and references, Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, and that's exactly what I did both times. You're apparently ignorant of this usage.

It's been common usage within the English language and American culture for decades now. Not my fault you don't actually know what it means. Seems your education failed you here.

lol

SO MANY SOURCES IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVIDE A SINGLE CITATION

Not that it matters. Basic stuff here, really. If you are relying on extrinsic information to make your point without referencing it and expecting others to just guess what you mean, you are a complete failure.

Quote:
Yes, it is. Big difference from missing a bowl game by 2 wins and making a bowl game. HUGE in practical terms especially.

Yeah, it is huge for you revisionist morons that think Beaty deserves 6 whole seasons to prove how bad he is.

Quote:
Nice deflection attempt here.

Deflection from what? What made it a good attempt?

Quote:
No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

3+3=6, but you knew that already.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 10/01/17 03:46 AM

My initial post? What initial post? Oh, I'm supposed to divine your meaning here again probably.
Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy...the one where you put out 4-7 as proof of sustained success.

Here it is:

Have to divine that one from me do ya??

lol

SO MANY SOURCES IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVIDE A SINGLE CITATION
Didn't want to do the leg work for you, as that should be your responsibility, but here's a few.

Quotation marks reveal the use of sarcasm, irony, euphemisms, or slang.

to introduce a word or phrase used as an ironic comment, as slang

quotation marks placed around a word or phrase to signal that a term is being used in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.

Shall I go on, or is 3 enough for you?

Yeah, it is huge for you revisionist morons that think Beaty deserves 6 whole seasons to prove how bad he is.
Now you're going the kuco route? Making shi|t up I never said anywhere in any post, nor ever implied even in any post. And how exactly is stating the factual record of Mangino revisionist history?

Nice deflection attempt here.

Deflection from what? What made it a good attempt?
Deflection from your dumb post claiming that 4-7 is proof of sustained success and you're right it wasn't a good attempt.

No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

3+3=6, but you knew that already.
Yes, and 2+2=...wait I shouldn't tell and let you try to figure it out so you can claim I'm being a bad communicator and you need extraordinary divining power to figure it out as you have several times now with other just as obvious and easily understood subjects I've alluded to.

And again, no mention by me anywhere in any thread of 3 more years for anyone, so you pulling 6 years out of your ass is bizarre.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 10/01/17 03:47 AM

And I also take it that you too did not watch any of the USC - Wash St. game either.

Re: USC at Wash St. - 10/01/17 09:06 AM

And I also take it that you too did not watch any of the USC - Wash St. game either.
I will take your tactic of being literal when your intent in posting was completely different on this topic. NO I didn't watch the game. HOWEVER, your comment of how many years it takes to get a program right in football was a indirect nudge about our program in Lawrence. No, it shouldn't take this long by Beaty to show more direct improvement in the bottom line (wins). Poor tackling, assignments blown, too many people having to help the leaky secondary, and finally turnovers, are proof of a lack of program stability directly the blame of David Beaty and his selected staff in their third season of games.

Since others on here also took away the analogy you were attempting, I can see why you have no further comment.