Texas Tech

Posted by: John_Brown

Texas Tech - 09/28/17 05:04 PM

3 and 0
Defense gives up 27 points per game.
Offense scores 44 points per game.

Dam I'd like to get one over on these guys and stick a fork in Coach Bro. Same crew as usual. Good offense. No defense. Probably not as good as WVU. Probably would've beaten Ohio/CMU by two scores. 11am start in front of 20000 IronArses. Week off to get everyone healthy and to work on technique in the defensive backfield. Honestly, as good a chance as we'll have all year to notch another W.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 06:38 PM

I feel that if we kept opponents to 27, we could win games. But we don't.
Posted by: AlOerter

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 07:22 PM

My biggest disappointment with this defense is that they just look poorly coached. Numerous mental errors. I don't think I see a disparity in the talent level so far. Poor fundamentals and not understanding assignments. Hard to blame the d-line when it's usually 3 against 5 blockers, but when you drop 8 in coverage and still can't cover anyone it's frustrating.

I haven't been to practices so I don't know what it is. Are they being too nice - too positive?
Posted by: Kman_blue

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I haven't been to practices so I don't know what it is. Are they being too nice - too positive?
My guess would be too positive.

D's need someone to light a fire under their asses from time to time IMHO and being all positive all the time ain't gonna do that.
Posted by: schmuck34

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 08:13 PM

This staff is very positive reinforcement from the word of a coaching friend of mine with relationships with staff/former staff.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: schmuck34
This staff is very positive reinforcement from the word of a coaching friend of mine with relationships with staff/former staff.
That's pretty much what I've heard too, but it's been a while since anyone I know has brought that up.

I think it may have changed a bit with the addition of Mecham as I don't think that's his nature to be about only positive reinforcement all the time. I've seen him chew out Bender and a few others on the sideline more than a few times now. He's not being destructive about it, but rather getting on them for their mental mistakes it seems to me.

99% sure I heard him once yell at Bender on the sideline after a bad play resulting in a punting situation, "WTF!?!? WTF were you doing?!?" after Bender made a boneheaded play. After listening to some of his post game, it sounds like he's getting on them like that when they do something in the game that they never do in practice and they know they're not supposed to do because they actually talk about it in practice. Yet, they still end up doing it in the game.

I think that kind of "negative" reinforcement is helpful and not the mind game type destructive crap some coaches pull which I think is not only not helpful, but harmful to the team. It usually gets the players attention real quick and gets them focused on what they know they're supposed to do which usually translates to them playing better and not making as many mistakes from my experience.
Posted by: JimWest

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 09:43 PM

ITT: no one knows what "negative reinforcement" means

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: JimWest
If you're really interested, I could show you in person sometime. LOL

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

How could you show me a negative?

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 11:12 PM

Only 1 way to find out Jimmy. LOL

Re: Texas Tech - 09/28/17 11:26 PM

Only 1 way to find out Jimmy. LOL

What way is that?

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 12:14 AM

Not too quick on the uptake tonight are ya?

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 12:45 AM

On the uptake of what? Your inability to articulate even the most basic things you are trying to express?

Sorry, Mr. Truckstop, but I'm not going to pretend to read your wind-blown, fried-from-sitting-on-the-tractor-all-day mind. If you have something to say, pretend you actually received an education that taught you how to express yourself and put it into words instead of the grunting noises and vague references to nothing that apparently passes for communication in the sub-100,000 population cesspool that you call home.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 05:46 AM

On the uptake of what?
Exactly.

It's all gone right over your giant bulbous over confident head.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 09:54 AM

On the uptake of what?
Exactly.

Ah yes, that thing that you can't describe is right over my head.

The reality is that I called you out on having actually communicated nothing of substance and now you are forced to double-down on it by pretending that you actually did say something but now your argument is that only people with vastly superior intelligence (only people with telepathic abilities through the internet) could grasp the nonexistent message that you presented in your post.

The simple fact is I asked you to explain how you would intend to demonstrate a negative. But, due to your complete lack of understanding of what "negative" means (and, more specifically, "negative reinforcement") you believe that telling me that arriving in person somehow is prima facie explanation that needs no further elucidation. The problem with this entire line of ruralite logic is that "negative reinforcement" doesn't mean what you think it means and you are exposing your complete lack of real education and pretending the substitute of farm lingo is somehow equivalent.

Stay in school kids.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 01:19 PM

Joke is still flying right over your head.

The reality is that I called you out on having actually communicated nothing of substance
I'm flattered by your imitation of almost my exact wording in an earlier post in response to you. Couldn't think of saying it in your own words?
and now you are forced to double-down on it by pretending that you actually did say something but now your argument is that only people with vastly superior intelligence (only people with telepathic abilities through the internet) could grasp the nonexistent message that you presented in your post.
Never said that at all. Only said that you apparently don't get it.

The simple fact is I asked you to explain how you would intend to demonstrate a negative. But, due to your complete lack of understanding of what "negative" means (and, more specifically, "negative reinforcement") you believe that telling me that arriving in person somehow is prima facie explanation that needs no further elucidation. The problem with this entire line of ruralite logic is that "negative reinforcement" doesn't mean what you think it means and you are exposing your complete lack of real education and pretending the substitute of farm lingo is somehow equivalent.

Stay in school kids.
My wording in the post you originally questioned wasn't some academic paper published in a journal somewhere where the phrase "negative reinforcement" would be a point of contention. It's called colloquial English. There's a reason why I put the "negative" part in quotes.

Get out and interact with some real people sometime and figure out how the language is being used in real world situations to communicate things people except you seem to understand.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 01:53 PM

ITT: words no longer have meaning and we should be able to understand people when they say completely incorrect things because reasons

lol

Typical ruralite. Doing everything you can to diminish the value of education in favor of your pointless, sports-focused existence.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:03 PM

In the next episode, we'll see a slew of acronyms and other farm idioms that no one outside of "colloquial" Hicksville, U.S.A. will understand whatsoever.

Honestly, I think you are 5-10 years away from turning into one of those K-State people like tmcats. If anyone needs to get out into the real world, it's you rural dwellers that seem to think your new non-language carries meaning in places where people don't hang out at the truckstop lamenting those big city folk that are just out to force diversity and lifestyle acceptance into your safe little blanched skin "community" of Burger King aficionados.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:06 PM

If you took the time to actually think about why I put that word in quotes, then maybe you'd have figured it out.

Can't help you with not understanding my joke about how I could show you in person what negative reinforcement means.

As far diminishing education, I did nothing of the sort but the value of real world application of and experience of using that education in said real world looks to have eluded you so far in your life. Then again, you come off as being very young still so I bet you got plenty of time.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:13 PM

Oh, now it was a joke? That makes 3 different excuses for your inability to articulate your own thoughts.

"Real world application"? lol

Some of us work to elevate those around us instead of debasing ourselves to "fit in" with the ignorant masses. Education is precisely the path to do so. By suggesting that lax construction in language leading to easy ambiguity is not only ok, but preferred, is an outright rejection by you of the value of education.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:13 PM

In the next episode, we'll see a slew of acronyms and other farm idioms that no one outside of "colloquial" Hicksville, U.S.A. will understand whatsoever.

Honestly, I think you are 5-10 years away from turning into one of those K-State people like tmcats. If anyone needs to get out into the real world, it's you rural dwellers that seem to think your new non-language carries meaning in places where people don't hang out at the truckstop lamenting those big city folk that are just out to force diversity and lifestyle acceptance into your safe little blanched skin "community" of Burger King aficionados.
You're not very good at internet pop psychology. In fact you're very bad at it. Well below average. If it was an IQ test, you'd have scored below 10...maybe below 5 seeing how far off you are here. LOL

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:18 PM

You're not very good at internet pop psychology. In fact you're very bad at it. Well below average. If it was an IQ test, you'd have scored below 10...maybe below 5 seeing how far off you are here. LOL

JimWest calls it as he sees it.

Your diabetes seems to be impairing your cognitive abilities as you further have no comprehension of the IQ scale or even what an IQ test measures.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:24 PM

Oh, now it was a joke?
Go back and look at the clear indications of my response being a joke. The "LOL". The mentioning of the joke going clear over your head in a follow up post to the joke one. You still are completely lost and now struggling with reading comprehension as I never said nor implied anywhere in any post that the original post you questioned was a joke so how can the later joke be a supposed "excuse" for my original post? Words only have meaning if you actually read them or maybe you're having trouble with basic logic now.

Some of us work to elevate those around us instead of debasing ourselves to "fit in" with the ignorant masses.
Yuck! Those dirty ignorant peasants! I find it extremely difficult to believe that you elevate anyone around you in this regard.

Education is precisely the path to do so. By suggesting that lax construction in language leading to easy ambiguity is not only ok, but preferred, is an outright rejection by you of the value of education.
Only ambiguous to you.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:30 PM

Communication is the responsibility of the communicator. But you ruralites that believe that your own failure as a communicator is a legitimate reason to ridicule don't understand this precisely because you are uneducated and you hate education at its core.

It's much easier to project your own failure onto the audience than accept you have the issue. This projection extends well beyond communication for you and indeed permeates much of your Sour Grapes existence.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:43 PM

JimWest calls it as he sees it.
JimWest got cataracts. JimWest like talking bout JimWest in 3rd person.

Your diabetes seems to be impairing your cognitive abilities as you further have no comprehension of the IQ scale or even what an IQ test measures.
LOL It's called an analogy.

Maybe you'll like this one better. If your ability to read people was a 40 time, it'd be around the 10 second mark.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 02:47 PM

Communication is the responsibility of the communicator. But you ruralites that believe that your own failure as a communicator is a legitimate reason to ridicule don't understand this precisely because you are uneducated and you hate education at its core.

It's much easier to project your own failure onto the audience than accept you have the issue. This projection extends well beyond communication for you and indeed permeates much of your Sour Grapes existence.
Right back at ya.

The guy with a clear blank spot in his ability to understand certain types of normal everyday human communications and interactions is now projecting that failure onto the communicator.
Posted by: Jman1

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 03:04 PM

Is Jim West really who he says he is?

Me thinks his real identity lies within the personification of Rick "I know nothing, I am shocked and I have cheated for 3 decades coaching college basketball" Pitino
Posted by: 58hawk

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 03:21 PM

On the uptake of what?
Exactly.

The reality is that I called you out on having actually communicated nothing of substance and now you are forced to double-down on it by pretending that you actually did say something but now your argument is that only people with vastly superior intelligence (only people with telepathic abilities through the internet) could grasp the nonexistent message that you presented in your post.

Stay in school kids.
You're pathetic. How's that for "intelligence"?

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 03:23 PM

And this has what to do with the topic? Sounds like you have failed to communicate the subject matter.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 04:07 PM

lol this guy
Posted by: KUCO_VOC

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 05:10 PM

lol this gay
FYP Jimmy baby

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
lol this gay
FYP Jimmy baby

*smoochies*

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 05:50 PM

By the way JW, this is an internet message board about sports, not a peer reviewed paper or a dissertation. I think most of us understand with our hick brains what people mean with their imprecise verbiage. If you don't understand what people mean, that is your issue.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 06:12 PM

SPORTS > *

amirite
Posted by: PHOGUSHER

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 07:33 PM

Aren't you too busy to be posting here. There's rim jobs to do Rim Job Jim...get to it...

Re: Texas Tech - 09/29/17 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Aren't you too busy to be posting here. There's rim jobs to do Rim Job Jim...get to it...

Only poor people are busy.
Posted by: KUHawkhead

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 07:40 AM

This is negative reinforcement, for the record. It worked then, and still works.
https://youtu.be/zmAYpAzNB34

RCJHKU!

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 07:41 AM

I love this man!

https://youtu.be/uZaOFTp5_C8

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
This is negative reinforcement, for the record.
https://youtu.be/zmAYpAzNB34

False.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 08:46 AM

So, anyway, so we have a chance to beat Texas Tech?
Posted by: HawksFB

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 08:51 AM

Yes.

I'm really hoping this nationally televised game with OSU goes into triple overtime and they are in a dog-fight all night.

The chance they give KU any respect is little-to-none, the early kickoff after tonight's big game leaves a semi-short week for prep, Meacham is starting to figure out how to use the sum of his parts, Sims should be 100%, the entire team will be well-rested and healed-up, and frankly, I think they are due for a first half that they aren't down 3 scores.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 05:08 PM

We need the mojo and smiling upon by the football Gods to return at some point.....you'd think we are just due!

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 05:58 PM

We need the mojo and smiling upon by the football Gods to return at some point.....you'd think we are just due!
You'd freakin think so!

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 06:46 PM

Yes and he has a law degree to boot.

Re: Texas Tech - 09/30/17 07:54 PM

I know it's early, but TT may lay 60 on us. They really look good....or the Truckstop mullet is very overrated.
RCJHKU!

Re: Texas Tech - 10/01/17 02:25 AM

I hadn't seen this one before. haha

Wonder why they caught it on video? To show potential recruits or something? LOL
Posted by: Kirk

Re: Texas Tech - 10/04/17 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: John_Brown
3 and 0
Defense gives up 27 points per game.
Offense scores 44 points per game.

Dam I'd like to get one over on these guys and stick a fork in Coach Bro. Same crew as usual. Good offense. No defense. Probably not as good as WVU. Probably would've beaten Ohio/CMU by two scores. 11am start in front of 20000 IronArses. Week off to get everyone healthy and to work on technique in the defensive backfield. Honestly, as good a chance as we'll have all year to notch another W.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

I visit here rarely, but am glad to see your posts. They uphold a last filament of life in KU football, which thankfully does not suffer from from any particular perversion (unlike most sports entities.) Just a huge and evidently innate incompetence. Which I've known since childhood.

Rock chalk!