Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dgless21Mangino wasn't fired. He resigned with a $3M settlement because Perkins didn't have enough for "cause" and would've owed Mangino $6.6M had he "fired" him. You should know by now the KSU suckups have
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: dgless21This unicorn enjoys both Denver and Lawrence. I do agree Denver is overpriced (as are many major metros) though. Their overhead structure is different in Denver. Did you see City Council in big D approved a DIA $1.8B ov
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by dgless21 @ 08/15/17 04:34 PM

Mangino wasn't fired. He resigned with a $3M settlement because Perkins didn't have enough for "cause" and would've owed Mangino $6.6M had he "fired" him.
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by dgless21 @ 08/15/17 04:20 PM

This unicorn enjoys both Denver and Lawrence. I do agree Denver is overpriced (as are many major metros) though.
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by tmcats @ 08/15/17 04:16 PM

still, it's good they are recognizing mangino. a decade is long enough. what he did was in many respects similar to what snyder did in manhattan. if given the time, he'd have made the program consistently respectable. i never understood why the ad
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 04:15 PM

Well, I didn't think we had a successful head coach at game one. I stand corrected
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by dgless21 @ 08/15/17 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blueFar as I know it's for players who were 1st team All-Americans and players who's jersey's have been retired. There's been some discussion that things like 1st team Academic All-American lists can count also, but don't
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 04:10 PM

Actually you said Denver was a shithole. I said you didn't prove your point. You might as well be calling my native hometown Lawrence the same things. Winos, druggies, beggars exist everywhere. But perhaps to unicorns the similarities don't exist.
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: kylecof11Is being honored during the first game for their incredible season. In addition, Talib and Anthony Collins will be added to the Ring of Honor and Mangino will be inducted into the Kansas Athletics Hall of Fame. That'l
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 03:25 PM

Knock yourself out. No, really.
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 03:22 PM

Far as I know it's for players who were 1st team All-Americans and players who's jersey's have been retired. There's been some discussion that things like 1st team Academic All-American lists can count also, but don't think the University has said a
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blueMaybe those people making hard drug offers to you thought you looked like you could use some? There's no denying that there is a need for a drink after posting (or after reading your posts).
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 02:43 PM

Still deflecting from your obtuse post by claiming you did it on purpose for clarity reasons. Sure, that makes perfect sense. Nice to see your true feelings not only about KU football, but now your supposed hometown of Lawrence coming out now. Mayb
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by dgless21 @ 08/15/17 11:46 AM

Gotcha. I knew the First Team All-American thing. James McClinton was second team that year. Reesing, Meier, McAnderson, Briscoe, Stuckey, etc all played well. I wasn't sure if there was a requirement...especially since we only have 15 up there
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by kylecof11 @ 08/15/17 11:41 AM

You are automatically added if you are a First Team All-American, which Talib and Collins were in 2007. And then other circumstances could put somebody up there. Kind of like the retired jerseys for basketball. Reesing and Meier will likely be up t
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: espn thinks the league is loaded ... by kylecof11 @ 08/15/17 11:38 AM

A bit of a side note, but I was looking at OU's notes from practice to see what they'll look like and hadn't seen Bledsoe's name in a while. It seems like it was maybe missed on here, but he got popped in October for failing a Performance Enhancing
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Team by dgless21 @ 08/15/17 11:37 AM

Discussed this a bit ago with a coworker, but we didn't know the answer. Does the ring of honor have a set of rules required?
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts 2007 Team by kylecof11 @ 08/15/17 10:55 AM

Is being honored during the first game for their incredible season. In addition, Talib and Anthony Collins will be added to the Ring of Honor and Mangino will be inducted into the Kansas Athletics Hall of Fame. That'll be good to have Mangino fully
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by KUCO_VOC @ 08/15/17 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Kman_blueOriginally Posted By: KUCO_VOCPost's common thread is "Denver-a shithole" per kman, So I posted, have you ever played golf on the city course off York? Ever taken a row boat on the water in Wash Park? Visit
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: Lay'trion Jones by tmcats @ 08/15/17 10:11 AM

given his admiration for bill snyder, i'm surprised he allows the media anywhere near his program.
Men's Basketball
Jump to new posts Re: BAN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM by tmcats @ 08/15/17 10:08 AM

ahh, the peoples republic of lawrence.
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: Lay'trion Jones by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 09:41 AM

I get the feeling that a couple more guys got injured than were injured last week and coach Beaty wasn't too excited about talking about that. Could also be that the news on Octavius isn't what they wanted or it's still not resolved one way or the o
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOCOriginally Posted By: Kman_blueOriginally Posted By: KUCO_VOCLimon equals Hutchinson minus the salt mines IMO. Fairly agricultural and hard working folks. I can visualize kman putting down a local judge in Limon after
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: KU football gear by Kman_blue @ 08/15/17 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOCPost's common thread is "Denver-a shithole" per kman, So I posted, have you ever played golf on the city course off York? Ever taken a row boat on the water in Wash Park? Visited the various art galleries, m
Football/The Huddle
Jump to new posts Re: Lay'trion Jones by kylecof11 @ 08/15/17 08:26 AM

Don't think he was asked by reporters about injuries, the media just reported injuries that they saw. Like Evans, the RB, on crutches. I'm sure Beaty wanted to be the first to spill the news on it, but media leaked it out first. He probably got a b
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >